[vbox-dev] installation script seems not to work here (fedora core 6)

Maat maat-ml at vilarem.net
Tue Jan 23 20:38:32 GMT 2007

Maat wrote:
> Luca Dionisi wrote:
>
>> On 1/23/07, Maat <maat-ml at vilarem.net> wrote:
>>

>>> #cp /boot/confi-file-of-your-current-kernel .config
>>>
>>> #make oldconfig
>>>
>>> # make
>>>
>>> then retry with Virtualbox
>>>

>> I think I didn't get you.
>> You mean I should build from source the kernel?
>>

> yes
>
> make process creates .h files and kernel sources packaging does not
> always keep them.
>
> if virtualbox claims dependance to one of these vanishing files you'll
> solve your problem by building the kernel.

i've got the same kind of problem while trying to compile virtualbox
(other disto, other cpu, other kernel but anyway) :

"Linux kernel headers not found at /lib/modules/2.6.17-9mdv/build"

in configure.log i find the following error :
"tmp_src.c:2:27: error: linux/version.h: No such file or directory"

and building the kernel makes version.h appear (and solves the problem
for virtualbox)