[vbox-dev] Fails to resize X display in Linux guest

Valentine Sinitsyn Valentine.Sinitsyn at usu.ru
Fri Feb 16 12:25:48 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Since VirtualBox project doesn't have dedicated Bugzilla, I'm keeping
posting bugreports here. :-)

Slackare Linux 11 guest VirtualBox 1.3.4 (Windows XP host) fails to
resize X display using standard X mechanisms (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+{+,-}). X
server used there is X.Org 6.9.0. I haven't tested other distros/X
servers.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start X server
2. Press Ctrl-Alt-Gray- to reduce screen size

Expected results:
- Screen resoultion and thus VirtualBox window is reduced

Actual results:
- The resolution is changed, but the screen becomes black and
sometimes shows garbage. X hung and needs to be killed.

The problem occurs with or without Guest Additions installed.

If you need any further information, it will be provided upon request.

Best regards,
Valentine Sinitsyn