[vbox-dev] Please leverage the community as Innotek's Testing Farm and release documentation

Alexey Eremenko al4321 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:07:10 GMT 2007

hi InnoTek !

In the spite of many request for different Guest OSes from community,
and difficulty of supporting this quantity by Innotek, I have an
interesting solution.

I would like to reqeust InnoTek to publish some documentation about
setting an (Semi-)Automated testing farms on community's PCs.

If I would know how-to test to report more useful bugs about guest
OSes not working, I could be more effective. (The current non-working
guest OSes are: Windows 98, RedHat Linux 9, ...)

The same is truth about the whole Open-Source community.

This documentation must include guides of setting the testing
software, minimal host hardware+software requirements, describe
procedure for manual and automated testings, and describe how to
report useful bugs (something beyond RedHat Linux 9 is not working!)

What do you think of it?

I don't understand how-it is possible to automatically test VirtualBox !?

How can you make a software to "press" buttons inside Windows guest?

I think, that you cannot enumerate buttons, because they are
"virtual", not in your standard memory space. So you send mouse-clicks
pixel-based?
Then how u analyse if this or that is correct behavior ?

-Alexey Eremenko.