[vbox-dev] bridged network between VMs on same host is very slow

Aleksey Ilyushin aleksey.ilyushin at oracle.com
Fri Jun 24 20:05:30 GMT 2011

> The part I find confusing is the network speeds to other resources (besides
> to VMs located on the same host) is fine, if it was a Windows guest issue,
> wouldn't it affect all traffic?

VM-to-VM transfer rate, especially such low one as 16KB/s, is a different issue. This is definitely unusual and host offloading settings have no effect on it. The first thing to try would be disabling offloading in the guests, it should be somewhere in adapter properties on Windows. You may also want to enable internal packet capture feature as described here http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Network_tips , then mail the resulting file to me directly. Do not forget to disable capture afterwards.

Regards,
Aleksey