Ticket #9492 (closed defect: invalid)
Guest loses connectivity when host joins new subnet
|Reported by:||rocko||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
My setup is:
- VirtualBox on a Windows host
- Router A on subnet (eg) 192.168.10.x
- Router B on subnet (eg) 10.1.1.x
- An Ubuntu server guest using NAT and NAT forwarding.
When the Windows host disconnects from Router A and connects to Router B, it gets a new IP address via DHCP, and NAT forwarding still works, but the Ubuntu guest can no longer connect out to anything. eg although both routers have access to the internet, the guest can no longer ping google.com. There is no indication to the guest, however, that its networking has changed.
I believe the same issue occurs with a Linux host.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to invalid