Ticket #9371 (closed defect: fixed)
NAT Interface fails -> fixed in svn
|Reported by:||dnahas||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
I have searched bug tracker and found a few with similar symptoms, but resolved bug id's. For my situation, something must have changed after 3.16(the latest functioning version). Before I submit a new Bug I figured I would post here
- VirtualBox 4.1.0 r73009 win.x86
- Host OS Windows 7 Release: 6.1.7600
- Guest OS Linux 2.6.24
- All traffic from the guest OS(10.0.3.101) to the VirtualBox NAT interface (10.0.3.2) fails after a duration of time.
- Initially all traffic functions correctly, after approximately 15-20 min the guest OS is unable to contact the VirtualBox NAT interface. No ping to VirtualBox or anything else on the NAT interface of the guest. The guest is configured for two adapters. adapter 1 is a Host only network that continues to function normally when adapter 2 fails.
- I am able to restore traffic while the guest is running by changing the interface type to something other than NAT, and then reverting back to a NAT interface. This only leads to recreating the NAT failure again.
- Restarting the guest also recreates the failure.
- I tried changing the adapter driver types with no success.
- Down grading to VirtualBox 3.1.6 r59338 is the only solution that provides continuous NAT connectivity.
comment:45 Changed 2 years ago by Hachiman
- Summary changed from NAT Interface fails to NAT Interface fails -> fixed in svn