Ticket #9368 (closed defect: fixed)
Invalid Settings warning after enabling Remote Display
|Reported by:||iridris||Owned by:|
If the Remote Display option is turned on, but no server port specified, there will be a red warning message stating "Invalid Settings" with no description as to what setting is invalid.
To recreate this scenario (method A):
- Open the settings window of a VM
- Go to Display > Remote Display
- Check the 'Enable Server' box
- The message will be displayed while the 'Server Port' field is empty.
To recreate this scenario (method B):
- Start a VM
- From the VM window, go to Devices > Enable Remote Display
- Stop the VM
- Open the settings for the VM
- Observe that the 'Invalid Settings' message is displayed, with no indication as to what setting.
Note that this is really only a problem when method B is used, as in this scenario the user may not make the connection that the message was caused by enabling the remote display. This happened to me and it was several days before I opened the settings window after having enabled the remote display, and I had to manually toggle each option until I found the culprit.