Ticket #9183 (closed defect: obsolete)
Guest starts and freeze the VM and host systems
|Reported by:||upscope||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
- Host: openSUSE 188.8.131.52-0.5-desktop
- Guest: WIN XP SP2 (May be SP3)
- VirtualBox-4.0-4.0.10_72479_openSUSE114-1.x86_64 (from VirtualBox web site)
- VirtualBox Guest Additions Installed
- KDE 4.6.5 (4.6.5) "release 8" (Platform Version)
Virtual Manager shows four usb devices active:
- XEROX Phaser 6120 
- Cypress Semiconductor AT2+ Fast Bits 
- Western Digital My Book 
- CHESEN PS2 to USB Converter 
If I have CHESEN device enable (Device sharing of Mouse, Monitor and keyboard between two system), XP Guest starts, hangs both Guest and Host on the VM desktop screen.
Must power off or reset system to restart and free up. This occured on 0.8 also, just left it disabled in Virtual Manager.
If it is disabled, the XP works but all usb devices come up disabled and require usb cables to be unplugged and replugged in to enable devices. Then all works fine until next start of VirtualBox.
This was not necessary of version 0.8.
CHESEN works fine switching between two Linux hosts on separate system.
- Summary changed from Guest starts and freeze the VM and host systems. O to Guest starts and freeze the VM and host systems