Ticket #9115 (closed defect: worksforme)
VB fails to import an appliance it created with no valid error message
|Reported by:||Baylink||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.0.10||Keywords:||appliance import fail|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
All work done with the VirtualBox GUI:
- 1) Create a new VM and VDI, install CentOS5.6 - works ok
- 2) Export as centos56base.ova - ok
- 3) Import centos56base.ova to new VM, changing basename of the appliance and associated VDI to centos56zimbra - ok
- 4) Start VM - ok
- 5) Install Zimbra ZCS 7 - ok
- 6) Shut down centos56zimbra
- 7) Import centos56base.ova to new VM, changing basename of the appliance and associated VDI to centos56lamp1 - fail
The second import fails with the error dialog
"Failed to import appliance: /root/Documents/centos56base.ova."
after a several minute thermometer delay (during which the dialog shows 1/2 and 2/2), whether I turn off the Sound and USB controllers I'm not going to use, or not. If I make a second attempt without closing the Import dialog, it fails immediately. If I close the dialog first, then loop back to 7.
Note that this .ova *has* imported cleanly, back in step 3; same file; no changes to anything I can think of.
The only change that was made to the Host phys was the doubling of RAM from 8GB to 16GB; same kernel:
Linux host1 184.108.40.206-0.2-pae #1 SMP 2011-04-06 18:11:26 +0200 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
Host OS SuSE 11.3/64, Vbox 4.0.8 from repo, guest OS CentOS 5.6/32.
klaus-vb on IRC suggested I set up for coredumps and see if I got one; I don't.
.ovf attached, as suggested.