Ticket #7947 (closed defect: fixed)
4.0.0 - crash with async I/O and VMDK snapshots => fixed in svn/4.0.2
|Reported by:||avi_m1968||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.0.0||Keywords:||snapshots crash sata vmdk|
i have just upgraded from virtualbox 3.2.12 to 4.0.0 and i can't start my Ubuntu 10.04 machine . it crashes with the following line " plymouth main process terminated status 2" and then VirtualBox software crashes also!
AppName: virtualbox.exe AppVer: 184.108.40.206 ModName: vboxddu.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000374f
before the upgrade the Ubuntu 10.04 i have ran without a problem. (without 3d support)
please check this since i can't access the machine.
(i can run my Mint 10 linux)
- Summary changed from 4.0.0 - after upg. from 3.2.12 - ubuntu 10.04 AND VMbox crashes on start - plymouth main process terminated status 2 to 4.0.0 - crash with async I/O and VMDK snapshots => fixed in svn/4.0.2
- Keywords snapshots crash sata vmdk added
- Host type changed from Windows to other
- Component changed from other to virtual disk
- Guest type changed from Linux to other