Ticket #7459 (reopened defect)
NAT networking drops out after a few days' uptime -> fixed in svn.
|Reported by:||dimitris||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.0.2||Keywords:||NAT DHCP|
Description (last modified by Hachiman) (diff)
Both host and guest are Ubuntu Lucid servers, guest additions are up-to-date, guest uses a virtio adapter with NAT networking.
2-3 days after starting the guest, it loses connectivity to the outside world. These are the last few entries in its log:
31:39:39.715 NAT: adding domain name lan to search list 31:39:39.715 NAT: DHCP offered IP address 10.0.2.15 42:40:55.746 NAT: adding domain name lan to search list 42:40:55.746 NAT: DHCP offered IP address 10.0.2.15 51:08:57.554 NAT: error occurred while sending ICMP error message
The guest is running Logitech's Squeezebox Server, a perl-based music server. Ports for that have been forwarded (see machine XML) and traffic flows normally before the machine drops out.
log and machine XML to be attached.
- Version changed from VirtualBox 3.2.8 to VirtualBox 3.2.10
comment:15 Changed 3 years ago by Hachiman
- Version changed from VirtualBox 3.2.10 to VirtualBox 3.2.12
comment:21 Changed 3 years ago by Hachiman
- Version changed from VirtualBox 3.2.12 to VirtualBox 4.0.2
comment:26 Changed 3 years ago by Hachiman
- Summary changed from NAT networking drops out after a few days' uptime to NAT networking drops out after a few days' uptime -> fixed in svn.
comment:28 follow-up: ↓ 29 Changed 22 months ago by rbhkamal
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted