Ticket #7105 (closed defect: obsolete)
Appliance import wizard fails with VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR
|Reported by:||Fehmund||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
I did export an existing VM as appliance (ovf). The import wizard fails throwing VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR. Without checking the .mf checksum file import went fine. I opened the .mf file an verified the SHA1 hashes and they are correct. There must be a bug with the import wizard in calculating the SHA1 hash. CPU load rises very high when the wizard is trying to calculate and the calculation takes a lot of time. I'm using Win 7x64 with HashTab extension which calculates hashes quite fast with just a small footprint on CPU usage, so the whole hash code seems to be buggy.