Ticket #7042 (new defect)
Opened 6 years ago
retain window geometry after full screen
|Reported by:||mikewse||Owned by:|
The following is a regression since (I think) VBox 3.2.
- set up a guest VM (tested with Windows XP and 7) with the same desktop resolution as the host
- disable "Guest Display Auto-resize"
- position/resize the Guest WM window to show only parts of its desktop (offering scrollbars to pan the full desktop area)
- go into Full Screen with Hostkey+F
- come back from Full Screen with Hostkey+F
VBox will now ignore the previously set window size and instead expand the guest VM window to fill the whole screen. In previous versions it would respect the window size set by the user.
Retaining the window geometry (and scroll position) set by the user is very useful when having several guest VMs running side-by-side on one screen for overview, and easily being able to go into Full Screen when a guest needs attention.