Ticket #7014 (new defect)
Edit of shared folder has no effect in guest
|Reported by:||marshals||Owned by:|
(I was trying to replicate my entry for HGCM error in http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/6314 on a different host but without success. However, I can replicate the shared folder issue so I'm reporting it as a new ticket.)
I installed a Solaris-x86 (s10u8) guest under VB-3.2.4 on my Win7 host.
- updated the vm (5 updates) and rebooted guest
- installed the ga and rebooted guest
- created a shared folder called marshals to a particular host folder "1"
- mount -F vboxfs marshals /export/home/marshals and rebooted guest
- remounted and verified shared folder visible with contents of "1"
- edited shared folder to point to a different host folder "2"
- unmounted marshals and remounted marshals
BUG: the mounted directory is still pointing to the original host folder "1"
- rebooted guest and verified the bug