Ticket #6905 (closed defect: obsolete)
Can't spawn some VMs with a SATA HDD controller when the VDI file is on a btrfs partition => fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||rocko||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by aeichner) (diff)
VirtualBox can't spawn some VMs if both these conditions are true:
- the HDD storage controller is set to SATA, and
- the VDI file is on a btrfs partition.
VBox shows a window saying "Spawning..." and later another box appears saying "Spawning (20%)... 2/2". Neither box ever disappears (their processes must be killed).
An example error in the log is:
00:00:00.733 AioMgr0-N: Request 0x000000018b0df0 failed with rc=VERR_INVALID_PARAMETER, migrating endpoint /vbox/maverick32-2.vdi to failsafe manager.
Note however that some VDI files do load successfully from the btrfs partition using the SATA controller.
- Moving the VDI file to an ext4 partition fixes the problem.
- Changing the storage type for the HDD to IDE instead of SATA also fixes the problem (ie even if the VDI file is on the btrfs partition).
VirtualBox: 3.2.2-62298~Ubuntu~lucid Host: Ubuntu 10.04, kernel 2.6.34-generic or 2.6.35-rc1-generic
- Summary changed from Can't spawn some VMs with a SATA HDD controller when the VDI file is on a btrfs partition to Can't spawn some VMs with a SATA HDD controller when the VDI file is on a btrfs partition => fixed in SVN
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted