Ticket #6547 (new defect)
Cancelling "Add host-only network" causes "Unknown device" to be created.
|Reported by:||gonk23||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
How to duplicate:
- Click File->Preferences...
- Select Network page
- Click the "Add host-only network" button
- When the "Hardware Installation" dialog for "VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adaptor" appears, click the "STOP Installation" button.
- If you then look at the Windows Device Manager, under Network Adaptors, there is an "Unknown device" entry that cannot be uninstalled.
- When Windows is rebooted, it starts the "Found New Hardware Wizard" for the unknown device called "Net". It keeps doing this every time Windows is rebooted.
VirtualBox should really detect that the installation of the network driver was stopped by the user, and clean-up the Unknown device.
Tested on Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) host.
A related ticket is #4257.