Ticket #5360 (closed defect: obsolete)
Crash with OpenGL Error: Assertion failed: 0, file /mnt/tinderbox/add-3.0/src/VBox/GuestHost/OpenGL/packer/pack_regcombiner.c, line 30
|Reported by:||TravisCobbs||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by aeichner) (diff)
I'm getting an assert in LDView (an OpenGL application that I am the primary author of) when running with 3D acceleration enabled under VBox in Ubuntu 9.10. The same app works fine under VBox in Ubuntu 9.04, as well as in Ubuntu 9.10 with 3D acceleration disabled in VBox. (I've so far only tested with 32-bit Ubuntu 9.10. In 9.04, the 64-bit version of LDView also works fine.) The following is the assertion message:
OpenGL Error: Assertion failed: 0, file /mnt/tinderbox/add-3.0/src/VBox/GuestHost/OpenGL/packer/pack_regcombiner.c, line 30
I'm using Vista 64 as my host.
Instructions for reproducing the problem:
- Download and install the following deb: http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/ldview-4.1Beta1H.i386.deb
- Run LDView from the command line and open a file. (LDView will be in your path if you haven't modified the system defaults.)
- When asked if you have the LDraw library installed, answer no and choose a directory. This will then download the LDraw library into an ldraw directory underneath the directory you chose. (For example, if you choose your home directory, it will create ~/ldraw.) (If you do already have the LDraw library installed, you can simply say yes and browse to where you installed it.)
- Once the library install is complete, open the file models/car.dat in the newly created ldraw directory.
- When it finishes loading the model and attempts to display it, it will crash with the above assertion failure.