Ticket #5171 (closed defect: worksforme)
VB 3.0.8 Phantom Record of Attached CD Image
|Reported by:||ChrisW67||Owned by:|
- Linux 2.6.30 host (32-bit)
- VBox 3.0.8 binary version
- Windows XP SP3 or Vista client (32-bit)
Possibly related issue: #3071
Steps to reproduce:
- Start a clean Windows client with no attached CD image
- Attach a CD image (e.g. VBox Guest Additions)
- Close the client using the host window close button and select "Power Off Machine" and "Revert to current snapshot"
- Restart the client. Note that client starts without attached image.
- Attempt to attach the same CD image
- Cannot attach: Virtual Media Manager claims it is already attached (see screen shot)
- Virtual Media Manager will not release the image (reports no error)
- Attaching another image works: does not release the phantom attachment
- Phantom attachment stays until VirtualBox modules are unloaded/reloaded
I have reproduced this several times on Windows XP and Vista clients and with old 3.x VMs and fresh 3.0.8 machines.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.