Ticket #512 (closed defect: fixed)
Display bug with DetaolB (linux distribution) => Fixed in 1.5.4
|Reported by:||cmichon||Owned by:||frank|
|Version:||VirtualBox 1.4.0||Keywords:||display garbage|
I'm the maintainer of DetaolB ( http://detaolb.sf.net)
It's a linux distribution, using framebuffer mode vesafb-tng. Inside, Xfree can be used in framebuffer mode, which means that once you've booted succesfully in fb mode, Xfree should work out of the box.
It's the case using qemu, and vmplayer. But VirtualBox gives me a blank screen. This was reported by a beta user.
How to reproduce this:
- download detaolb_v04.iso (link is in detaolb.sf.net)
- setup a std linux 2.6 machine (128M ram, no hdd)
- boot it on cdrom
- log in as root, no password
- type in "xinit"
I believe this is a bug in the way you handle the graphics (2 other virtualizers are ok). Please let me know if this is of interest to you for your next release by email at christian.michon@…
- Owner set to frank
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from Display bug with DetaolB (linux distribution) to Display bug with DetaolB (linux distribution) => Fixed in 1.5.4