Ticket #4790 (closed defect: fixed)
Hostonly networking has several problems (and is basically not working yet) => Fixed in SVN/3.0.6
|Reported by:||jenisys||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.0.4||Keywords:||GUI and basic config|
|Host type:||Mac OS X|
The manual states the VirtualBox 3.0.4 supports only vboxnet0 on non-Windows hosts. But even that is not working.
- GUI allows you seldom to configure and use a hostonly network adapter The best case seems to occur when the HostOS was just rebooted. Most of the the time Virtual Machine Settings mark the network adapter as invalid.
- Using vboxmanage to configure and assign the hostonly configuration works, but it fails when the Virtual Machine should be started. VirtualBox complains when an hostonly adapter is used and fails to start it.
- GUI ALZHEIMER: Hostonly networks are forgotten in the GUI (sort-of). Every time you open up VirtualBox > Preferences > Network dialog, the list of networks is empty even if some are configured in VirtualBox.xml. This happens especially if you start VirtualBox for the second time (but the old VirtualBox services have already stopped). It can also be verified that the VirtualBox.xml data is retrieved. When you recreate vboxnetX, the corresponding DhcpServer information is made available in the configuration dialog of the network.
NOTES: The host-specific network adapter seems to be created correctly. If I check the configuration w/ 'ifconfig', it has the correctly assigned IP address and netmask. The same is true for additional hostonly adapters, like vboxnet1, vboxnet2 ... But as long as I cannot really use it (for starting the Virtual Machine and communicating over it), this feature is broken as far as I am concerned.
- Summary changed from Hostonly networking has several problems (and is basically not working yet) to Hostonly networking has several problems (and is basically not working yet) => Fixed in SVN/3.0.6
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted