Ticket #4701 (closed defect: fixed)
Guest openSUSE hangs on installing / booting
|Reported by:||knababbel||Owned by:|
Host OS: Win Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32bit Guest OS: openSUSE 11.1
when I try to install openSUSE 11.1 in VirtualBox 3.0.4 the system freezes/halts after loading the linux kernel (kernel loaded 100% completely). This only occurs for openSUSE 11.1 - I tried to install/boot from liveCD with the following versions:
- 11.1 from Installation DVD
- 11.1 with KDE3 from LiveCD
- 11.1 with KDE4 from LiveCD and
- 11.1 with Gnome from LiveCD. Every system hung up after loading of kernel before the "real" installation or booting of live cd started.
I could successfully install openSUSE 11.0 and boot Ubuntu9 (Gnome) from liveCD within VirtualBox 3.0.4.
Attached you find the logfiles.
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted