Ticket #4509 (closed defect: fixed)
CentOS 5.3 + Xen reboots the Host -> fixed in SVN/3.0.4
|Reported by:||laga||Owned by:|
I've recently installed CentOS 5.3 and choose to install virtualisation support during their setup. This adds the Xen hypervisor as the default kernel.
If I have VT-x enabled:
- the guest will hang at boot with a blinking cursor
If I have VT-X disabled:
- the guest will load the Xen kernel, then reboot. The Xen kernel will load again and then the *host* will reboot.
- Vanilla CentOS 5.3 install with Xen enabled.
How to reproduce:
- Download CentOS 5.3 i386 DVD iso
- Set up VM, enable PAE, disable VT-x.
- Boot and install CentOS. Select Virtualisation support during setup.
- Reboot after install. The only available entry in the boot loader will be the Xen hypervisor.
- Watch your box reboot
I'd love to attach a log file, but with the host rebooting, they end up empty.
My CPU: cpu family : 6 model : 15 model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz stepping : 6
- Summary changed from CentOS 5.3 + Xen reboots the Host to CentOS 5.3 + Xen reboots the Host -> fixed in SVN/3.0.4