Ticket #3514 (closed defect: fixed)
copy and/or paste sometimes stops working between guest and host
|Reported by:||stephanecharette||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
I typically have guests up and running at a minimum of 1 week at a time at work, sometimes up and running for several weeks before I have to reboot them. But every once in a while, I need to shut down a guest and restart it partway through the week because copy and/or paste has stopped working.
Copy/paste is typically in one of these states:
- copy/paste works in both directions (all is fine)
- copy/paste works independently on host and guest, but clipboard is no longer shared between the two
- copy from the guest can be pasted in the host, but copy from the host does not paste in the guest. (the guest clipboard only has whatever was last copied in the guest)
- the reverse of 3. -- copy from host can be pasted in guest, but copy from guest doesn't make it to the host
I typically start using my shared folder and a temporary text file to transfer bits of data I need to share until such a time as I can safely restart the guest. But this is annoying to have to do.
Unfortunately, I don't know what causes this problem to happen. I figured I'd open this ticket to start a discussion with development so the next time it happens I can help debug the situation.
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
comment:10 Changed 7 years ago by michael
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to fixed