Ticket #3374 (closed defect: worksforme)
Guest mouse is not working after installing VB extensions
|Reported by:||afberendsen||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
- Converted a physical laptop computer, running Windows XP, which is part of domain, using VMWare Convert. Output files where written into a Linux SMB shared directory. Original hardware is a IBM ThinkPad T60.
- After conversion finished, VMDK disk was added to VB Media Manager.
- New VB guest created using previous VMDK as boot disk
- Guest powered on and worked perfectly.
- Installed VB Guest Additions
- Guest restarted.
- Keyboard working. Guest mouse is stuck at lower right corner.
- Windows is finding a new PCI device but is incapable of finding the right drivers
- When keys on the keyboard numeric key pad are pressed, Windows is moving focus to something else that I can't identify
My best guess is VB Guest Additions conflicting with standard IBM ThinkPad hardware drivers.
- Component changed from other to guest additions
- Description modified (diff)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.