Ticket #3363 (closed defect: fixed)
Guru meditation with W2K (VERR_REM_TOO_MANY_TRAPS)
|Reported by:||strawgeek||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.0.6||Keywords:||BSOD win2k|
Guest is windows 2000 (5.00.2195 SP2). Host is Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. Guest has windows additions 2.1.4r42893 installed.
I get a BSOD in win2k. This within usually 2 or 3 minutes. This makes the guest practically unusable.
Typically I'm running QuickBooks, but this also happens when just using the file browser (with nothing else running).
I *think* it happens when I click on something or type something or move the mouse.
This started happening with VirtualBox 2.1 If I run 2.0.6 the BSOD doesn't happen, however I have a different problem: the guest freezes up, and my host goes to 100% CPU. However with 2.0.6 the freeze up happens less frequently (perhaps once every 10 minutes) than with the BSOD with 2.1.4. This makes 2.0.6 somewhat usable for me, compared to 2.1.4 but still is really frustrating.
Thanks for any help.
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Component changed from other to VMM/RAW
- Summary changed from BSOD on win2k: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP to Guru meditation with W2K (
- Priority changed from critical to major
- Summary changed from Guru meditation with W2K ( to Guru meditation with W2K (VERR_REM_TOO_MANY_TRAPS)