Ticket #2783 (closed defect: fixed)
window is not resized when the X is restarted -> fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||stephanecharette||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 2.1.0||Keywords:||X resize desktop|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
When a Debian Etch 4 64-bit guest is taken from text-mode into X, the VirtualBox window is not resized correctly. It stays the same size as the 80x25 text-mode console. The X desktop is then incorrectly drawn within this too-small window. (See attached.)
- start Debian Etch 4 64-bit guest
- start a terminal window
- at the prompt, type "sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop"
- the VB window will be resized, and you should now be in a text-mode console window
- type "sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start"
- X will now start, but the VB window will remain the same size as it was for the text-mode console; the desktop will look "scrambled" as shown in the attached image
Note how the VB window wont correctly resize any bigger. It seems fixed at this size. (See attached image #2.)
To fix this problem:
- press: <HOST>+CTRL+F1
- one you are at the guest's text console, press ALT+F7 to return to X
The VB window will resize itself to accommodate the full desktop, and no redraw problem remains.
comment:10 Changed 5 years ago by michael
- Summary changed from window is not resized when the X is restarted to window is not resized when the X is restarted -> fixed in SVN