Ticket #2763 (closed defect: fixed)
Vista (32 bit) host with ATI x1250 -> Linux guest -> BSOD / fixed in SVN/2.1.4
|Reported by:||Joerg78||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 2.1.0||Keywords:||bsod amd vista|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
Bug since (at least) version 1.6.0: Following combination leads to a BSOD:
- Physical machine: HP 6715b, AMD Turion CPU (Dualcore), x1250 graphic chipset
- Running Virtualbox on Vista 32 bit host
- Linux as guest, eg Ubuntu 8.10 (same problem with Ubuntu 8.04 or OpenSolaris as mentioned here: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=12231
Starting the virtual machine leads to a BSOD (host) after selecting something in linux (guest) bootmanager.
Windows Eventmanager tells me something about a crash of the display driver (in german it says: Anzeigetreiber atikmdag reagiert nicht mehr und wurde erfolgreich wieder hergestellt., in english it's something like Display driver atikmdag stopped responding and was successfully recovered. Display driver and bios of laptop is up-to-date.
A workaround is to enable AMD-V, guest will run normally then. BSOD will only appear with disabled AMD-V (which is the default setting after installation).
- Component changed from VMM to VMM/HWACCM
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Vista (32 bit) host with ATI x1250 -> Linux guest -> BSOD to Vista (32 bit) host with ATI x1250 -> Linux guest -> BSOD / fixed in SVN/2.1.4
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed