Ticket #2513 (closed defect: fixed)
Switched Ctrl/Caps key dont work properly in Windows Guests => fixed in svn
|Reported by:||cryptom||Owned by:|
I use the X-Server option
Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"
to switch the ctrl key with the caps lock key.
Before updating to VirtualBox 2.0, this mapping used to work also in Windows guests. Since the Update to VB 2.0 it doesn't work properly anymore. The Update to 2.0.2 fixed it a little bit (it doesnt crash or freeze the guest any more).
The behavior now is the following: The linux hosts works with ctrl and caps lock switched (see X-Server option above), the windows guest acts as follows:
- ctrl press and release -> Caps Lock on or off (keyboard LED is turned on/off) -> works correctly
- ctrl-s (which should be mapped to caps) -> opens the save dialog _and_ -> turns on/off caps lock -> works only partially
- caps-s (which should open the save dialog box) -> prints a upper case 'S' when caps lock LED is off -> prints a lower case 's' when caps lock LED is on -> works only partially
I hope this will be fixed soon as it is very annoying if you are used to having the keys switched! And it used to work with earlier versions.
Thanks for your great work Tom
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version changed from VirtualBox 2.0.4 to VirtualBox 2.0.6
- Resolution set to fixed
- Summary changed from Switched Ctrl/Caps key dont work properly in Windows Guests to Switched Ctrl/Caps key dont work properly in Windows Guests => fixed in svn