Ticket #2446 (closed defect: fixed)
Host screen flickers when guest resolution changes -> fixed in 2.1.2.
|Reported by:||myxiplx||Owned by:|
Reported by myself and one other in the forums: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=8926&highlight=resolution+change+flicker
In Ubuntu 8.04, whenever the resolution of a guest is changed, the host screen goes blank for a second. It's acting as if VirtualBox is changing the host resolution as well.
When a virtual machine is running it's not too bad as you don't change the resolution too often, but when booting XP it's a pain. Initially both screens go blank as the VirtualBox guest starts. From that point on it's just one screen (whichever one the guest is displayed on), but it happens:
- as VirtualBox hands over to the boot loader
- as the windows guest switches to graphical mode
- as the windows guest resizes the screen after loading drivers
This is occurring on my work computer (dual screens on an ATI Radeon HD 2600XT), and at home (dual screens on an ATI Radeon x1950 Pro). Sowelie who also reported this is running an ATI Radeon x1500.
I'm running Ubuntu's ATI binary drivers, as distributed with 8.04.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Summary changed from Host screen flickers when guest resolution changes to Host screen flickers when guest resolution changes -> fixed in 2.1.2.
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted