Ticket #2438 (closed defect: fixed)
bad NAT performance (outgoing/uploading/writing speed drops to 0kb/s)
|Reported by:||zyro||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 2.0.2||Keywords:||nat network write upload slow|
- Using WinXP Guest on Ubuntu 8.04 lts Host with Virtualbox 2.0.2.
- Using NAT'ed Network Interface in Virtualbox
- MRXMP.dll - Fix ( http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/1728) installed
The first Problem i encountered was MS Office terribly slow opening Documents stored on my Host shared folder. This issue was fixed by the MRXMP.dll (see above).
But now my issue is a extremely slow outgoing connection with the NAT'ed network interface.
- Connection speed while uploading or transfer files from the guest to the network drops to 0 kb/s for about 1-2 seconds every 5-10 seconds.
- This goes so far, that my network printer seems to have to take breaks because it does not get enough data to print continously
As far as i can tell, this problem must have sth. to do with NAT and the outgoing direction:
- Downloads work at satisfying speed
- Tried HostNetworkInterface (Bridged): No more lags/drops to 0kb/s