Ticket #2008 (closed defect: obsolete)
tElock unpacker reports ''processor misbehavior''
|Reported by:||xexe||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
I was analyzing some software on (GUEST)Windows XP SP3 run on (HOST)Gentoo. This software was protected with tElock. It is a PE-File Encryptor/Compressor tool that was designed to process most .exe, .ocx and .dll files. It compresses and encrypts those file types while leaving them executable and protects against patching and disassembling. In VirtualBox environment packed application is unable to unpack its self because of processor VBox processor missbehaviour. During the unpacking routine it checks the unpacked data and prints CRC error. (rightfully)
- tElock 0.98
Software using this packer:
- many malwares
- AutoPatcher < 5.6 (exclude this and newer version)
- or better whatever you pack with telock
Virtualization doensn't affect the result. It's not caused by fault file copy.
I found this problem reported on more Windows and VBox versions.
- Summary changed from vbox "processor" missbehaviour to tElock unpacker reports ''processor misbehavior''
- Component changed from other to VMM
- Guest type changed from other to Windows