Ticket #2007 (closed defect: worksforme)
Guru mediation (Trap 0x0E) when starting a migrated VMWare W2K machine in debugging mode
|Reported by:||kevinm3574||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
I have a VMWare Win2k VM that I did the following with to get it to a VDI state:
- Cloned the VM (2 disks)
- Started the cloned VM and uninstalled the VMWare tools.
- /work/vmware-vdiskmanager -r build-1-000007-cl1.vmdk -t 2 buildhd1.vmdk
(Note, this made buildhd1.vmdk and buildhd1-flat.vmdk...the disk appeared to be in the flat file).
- /work/vmware-vdiskmanager -r build-0-000007-cl1.vmdk -t 2 buildhd0.vmdk
(Note, this made buildhd0.vmdk and buildhd0-flat.vmdk...the disk appeared to be in the flat file).
- qemu-img convert buildhd1-flat.vmdk buildhd1.bin
- qemu-img convert buildhd0-flat.vmdk buildhd0.bin
- LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/virtualbox /work/vditool DD Win2khd0.vdi buildhd0.bin
- LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/virtualbox /work/vditool DD Win2khd1.vdi buildhd1.bin
I then used Vbox to "create" a new Win2k machine using the two .vdi files above as the HD's. I also mounted a Win2k.iso image and ran a repair to disable the agp440 service. Then I try to start the Win2k machine, using F8, in debug output mode and it fails. I've attached the .png.1 and .log.1 file. I've also tried to start this up with no special startup options and it also failed (.log and .png files).
- Component changed from other to VMM
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from trying to start a migrated VMWare Win2k machine in debugging mode (in this case) fails. to Guru mediation (Trap 0x0E) when starting a migrated VMWare W2K machine in debugging mode