Ticket #1972 (closed defect: fixed)
A CEntOS 4.6 VM never finish to boot.
|Reported by:||svbu12||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
The PC's hardware:
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz Dual Core.
- RAM: 3 GB
- OS: Linux CEntOS 4.6 With all patches.
- VM RAM: I assigned a whole GB of RAM just for the VM.
- I downloaded a DVD-ROM .ISO of CentOS-4.6-i386-binDVD.iso from the CentOS mirror
- I start Sun VBox.
- I create a new VM.
- I install CEntOS 4.6 from the DVD image.
- I follow directions and install a CEntOS 4.6 into a logical VM 30 GB disk.
- The install process works properly until the end.
- Once it is completed, I reboot the VM, Then I change the boot order from DVD image to VM 30 GB hdd.
- I click on the start button to restart the CEntOS 4.6 VM.
- All we see is a black screen. even after an hour, it never change.
I know the DVD image run properly. I used it to install the physical machine.
I know Sun VBox works properly too. I can run Linux DSL, Ubuntu 8.08, CentOS 5.2 And a few other very properly...