Ticket #1878 (closed defect: fixed)
Windows host fails to return from standby if guest was running when entering standby
|Reported by:||eugenesan||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
My Windows host fails to return from standby if guest was running when entering standby. After ordering host machine to get out of standby mode, it blinks once with all leds and beeps, as usual, but screen stays black and standby led still on. After that machine is doomed and needs hard reset.
- I did not notice such behavior with older versions.
- I am using Lenovo T61 with Windows XP SP3.
- Host's system and guest's images located on same physical Disk.
- Swap enabled on both host and guest.
- Guest is ACPI aware.
- Host performs entering and returning to/from standby normally when there is not guest running.
- Guests runs normally until hosts goes to standby.
- Version changed from VirtualBox 1.6.2 to VirtualBox 1.6.4
- Description modified (diff)