VirtualBox

Ticket #18695 (new defect)

Opened 23 months ago

Last modified 6 months ago

Guest’s audio output is stuck after the host output device was changed.

Reported by: boxer01 Owned by:
Component: audio Version: VirtualBox 6.0.8
Keywords: distortion,stutter,skipping Cc:
Guest type: Windows Host type: Windows

Description

This is a new issue caused by some changes in November 2018. Those changes were done because of the issues in ticket #17225. Because the issues of the other ticket are solved and this is just follow-up issues caused by the changes in the other ticket, I open this one just for those issues.

The issue was already described in the old ticket, I also put some logs there, so I kinda link there for further information and logs (see comment 74 and some previous ones in #17225 for example). Some brief description: as soon as one changes the audio output device on the host (speakers to head phone or Bluetooth; or in the other direction), the guest’s audio output is simply stuck forever in the last second on the old device. The solution is always tricky, I described some of the working ones in the comments of ticket #17225. Sometimes only help is the guest’s reboot.

Change History

comment:1 in reply to: ↑ description Changed 23 months ago by socratis

Replying to boxer01:

...Those changes were done because of the issues in ticket #17225...
...The issue was already described in the old ticket, I also put some logs there...
...see comment 74 and some previous ones in #17225 for example...
...I described some of the working ones in the comments of ticket #17225...


I honestly can't think of a more appropriate ticket to be closed as a "[Duplicate]" of #17225...

Why you don't continue the discussion in #17225 where all your logs and discussion is already, but you chose to create a new, duplicate ticket, is beyond me...

comment:2 Changed 23 months ago by boxer01

What about the alternative strategy: close the old one and let this one be open? Because the old one describes the sound errors, but a different ones, and those looks corrected now. And this one is a different version of Virtual Box and errors, even if this is clearly the follow up of the old one?

comment:3 Changed 22 months ago by socratis

As an amateur developer I've tried to persuade you many times before, that your "strategy" of opening new tickets for new VirtualBox versions, or for somewhat different symptoms, may have the opposite effect; you're overwhelming the developers with multiple tickets. Instead of having the collective logs and comments in a single focused place, now they have to look around in multiple places for clues here and there.

It seems that my message is being redirected to /dev/null... :(

comment:4 Changed 19 months ago by boxer01

I put some new information, logs and debug audio files in the corresponding ticket. Hope this would help to finally solve this issue.

comment:5 Changed 16 months ago by boxer01

Some new logs and audio files were put in the linked ticket. The issue is still here, even in the new 6.1 version. I wouldn’t create a new ticket for a new version, otherwise socratis would probably create a voodoo doll for me. It would be anyway nice if somebody would start take care about these problems.

By the way, here some new similar tickets (#19158, #18404) and some new discussion in the  forum.

comment:6 Changed 13 months ago by boxer01

I put some logs and debug files from the new betas (6.1.5 136449, 6.0.19 136450, 5.2.39 136276) in the corresponding ticket #17225.

comment:7 Changed 6 months ago by boxer01

Currently solved as of #18594#comment:31

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

www.oracle.com
ContactPrivacy policyTerms of Use