Ticket #1808 (closed defect: fixed)
Ejecting a mounted CD/DVD-ROM image by guest OS does not unmount it
|Reported by:||tomers||Owned by:|
- Host OS: Windows XP Home Edition SP3, VirtuaBox 1.6.2
- Guest OS: Ubuntu 8.04
- Mount a CD/DVD-ROM image to the guest OS.
- Eject the mounted media device by the guest OS (right-click the CD icon on the desktop, and choose 'Eject'.
- The user expects to have that CD/DVD-ROM image automatically unmounted. In case he wants to load that image back to the guest OS, he knows he can mount it through the VirtualBox GUI.
- The disk disappears from the guest OS (OK).
- The image is still considered mounted by VirtualBox.
- It is possible to manually unmount it, and that's fine.
- It is not possible to load the image back to the guest OS, unless manually unmounting it first.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.