Ticket #12350 (closed defect: invalid)
Hardware Virtualisation support not detected if Hyper-V installed
|Reported by:||mot256||Owned by:|
I get the following error (and yes I know this has been reported many times, but please read further): VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot.
The issue is that Virtualisation *is* enabled in my BIOS and I also made sure my BIOS is upgraded to the latest version. I also confirmed it with the Coreinfo.exe ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc835722.aspx) tool. Here is the ouput of that tool:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel HYPERVISOR * Hypervisor is present VMX - Supports Intel hardware-assisted virtualization EPT - Supports Intel extended page tables (SLAT)
Here is the thing: I used VirtualBox on the same machine, but with Windows 7 and I could run exactly the same x64 guest images.
- Priority changed from blocker to major
- Summary changed from x64 Hardware Virtualisation support not detected on Windows 8.1 to Hardware Virtualisation support not detected if Hyper-V installed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted