Ticket #11709 (closed defect: fixed)
VirtualBox Guest Additions 4.2.12 breaks Ubuntu 12.04 guest => Fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||David Anderson||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.2.12||Keywords:||4.2.12 breaks Ubuntu 12.04 guest|
I upgraded to VirtualBox version 4.2.12 on my Windows 7 host and the guest additions version 4.2.12 onto my Ubuntu 12.04 guest. Having installed the guest additions, the guest system became unusable with an error about the graphics configuration. It offered to go into low graphics mode but this didn't work either. All I could get was a command prompt. I rolled back to verion 4.2.10 with the following steps and now the system is fine again. Before the roll-back, I tried reinstalling the guest additions but it didn't help.
Rollback procedure (for the benefit of others with the same problem)
- Uninstalled the guest additions in the Ubuntu guest from the command prompt
- Shutdown guest (actually I think it wouldn't shut down and I had to power it off)
- Uninstalled VirtualBox in Windows (Control Panel, Uninstall a program, Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.2.12).
- Reinstalled VirtualBox 4.2.10 in Windows 7 host (downloaded from VirtualBox web downloads section, previous versions link).
- Reinstalled guest additions version 4.2.10 in Ubuntu 12.04 guest.
comment:25 Changed 3 years ago by frank
- Summary changed from VirtualBox Guest Additions 4.2.12 breaks Ubuntu 12.04 guest to VirtualBox Guest Additions 4.2.12 breaks Ubuntu 12.04 guest => Fixed in SVN