Ticket #11171 (closed defect: fixed)
repeating 'page allocation failure' error in debian squeeze 64bit => Fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||gaio||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.2.4||Keywords:||page allocation failure debian squeeze|
I've upgraded a set of servers (all are different HP ProLiant ML350 ones, G6 or G7) from debian lenny (using debian official VirtualBox) to debian squeeze (using virtualbox 4.2 provided from repository).
On all servers i got a series (20-30 per day) of 'page allocation errors': the system seems to work fine, guest OS run and there's no other error, but i'm pretty sure that the trouble came from VirtualBox, because:
- other similar server, upgraded to squeeze but without Virtualbox have no single error like that
- if i stop the guest and unload the module, errors desappear at all.
Some more sparse info:
- one of these server, same hardware, have VirtualBox 4.1 (4.1.22-80657~Debian~squeeze) and here the 'page allocation failure' happen for some hour/day after a reboot, then desappear.
- as sayed, all the server run kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64
- i've seen ticket #5260, i've a marvel eth adapter, but doing 'ethtool -K eth0 gso off' does not solve the trouble.
- error are surely related to system/network load: happens only during workhour when the server works.
I'm currently using VirtualBox 4.2 (4.2.4-81684~Debian~squeeze), with only a guest machine (winXP), but as sayed i think that does not matter at all. kern.log attached.
comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by entilza
comment:19 Changed 3 years ago by frank
- Summary changed from repeating 'page allocation failure' error in debian squeeze 64bit to repeating 'page allocation failure' error in debian squeeze 64bit => Fixed in SVN