Ticket #10988 (closed defect: invalid)
clean up trac
|Reported by:||Tsso||Owned by:|
It is a pity, that there is so few feedback on tickets.
Examples: #7111 no answer in 2 years and #4333 no answer in 3 years. Ok, those are enhancement requests. Of course, you are not obligated to add any enhancements. But... Questions pop up in my head...
- Did you ever even read those requests or did you just miss them?
- What is your opinion about them?
- Would you accept the feature?
- Do you reject the feature?
- "Patches welcome.", "We'd accept a patch but we won't do it."
- Planed in near future?
- Planed in distant future?
- Setting milestones / roadmap would help to keep track of them.
Another example is #10853. This is imho at least a critical bug. If you knew about it before releasing a version, I'd even say it's a blocker. So far there are only bug confirmations by users. Open for 4 weeks already without any developer feedback.
Why bugs should be reported if there is sometimes no feedback in 6 years? Perhaps it's already closed, but then the ticket should get closed. With so much open tickets it becomes difficult to search, if searching if something has already been reported.