Ticket #10862 (closed defect: worksforme)
Guest unable to ping Host-only interface until host pings guest first
|Reported by:||derfury||Owned by:|
My configuration is as follows:
- host interface - 22.214.171.124
- dhcpserver - 126.96.36.199
- VM0 - receives 188.8.131.52 from dhcp
- host interface - 184.108.40.206
- dhcpserver - 220.127.116.11
- VM1 - receives 18.104.22.168 from dhcp
VM0 and VM1 are both isolated from each other and have no internet connection as expected, I only need them to have connectivity to the host. I create and start these programatically, but the issue seems to exist if I do it manually as well.
The issue is that seemingly at random one of these two VMs is unable to ping the Host's interface for it's corresponding network until the host pings them first.
To reproduce this (The ordering of which fails seems random each time I boot them):
VM0: ping 22.214.171.124 -I 126.96.36.199 :Success VM1: ping 188.8.131.52 -I 184.108.40.206 :Timeout
Now if I ping the guest and try again...
Host: ping 220.127.116.11 -I 18.104.22.168 :Success VM1: ping 22.214.171.124 -I 126.96.36.199 :Success
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme