Ticket #10841 (new defect)
Running seamless with dual monitors causes cropping
|Reported by:||mitchellj||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.1.18||Keywords:||seamless cropping resolution small|
If I run Virtual Box (Ubuntu 12.04 Host, Windows 7 Guest) in Seamless mode with a dual monitor setup on the host for some reason the Virtual Box guest crops the work area to the bottom 1/5 of my desktop.
I've noticed this only happens when both my monitors are enabled, if I disable one in X11 or CCC the seamless springs back to life again.
Checking the windows 7 display properties the main monitor gets set to 800x600 when using seamless.
Things I have tried and checked
- Video Memory ( I have assigned up to 256Mb )
- Additionals installed ( I have installed the latest version, and even tried booting to safe mode to install the WDDM 3D drivers)
- Press CTRL+G for resizing, afraid this doesn't work
- Manually resizing the windows desktop from 800x600 the correct resolution - doesn't change the cropping
- Check Full screen works ok (it does)
- Install latest video drivers on linux (done)
I have attached the X11.org file, a screenshot, and the VBox.log file. I have asked in the irc channel and the suggestion was to raise a bug.