Ticket #10102 (closed defect: obsolete)
Network connection lost if enable VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver
|Reported by:||djf94||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by aeichner) (diff)
Please help to look at these logs and give me some ideas what else to try as I can no longer install any 4.x version of VirtualBox on my Lenovo 14" Edge with Windows 7 SP1 x64bit (FYI I have not tried 3.x versions)
There is no error given during installing but the problem is after installing (which takes a very long time once it gets to 85% of the install bar - I beleive this is where it is installing the virtualbox network drivers) ALL network connections lose their connection.
If I untick the "VirtualBox Bridge Networking Driver" in the network adapters then their connection is restored and okay. But after that of course I cannot access the virtualboxes via a network so this does not help me.
Looking at the VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver in device manager it shows: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)." Manually trying to update the driver with the file in the Virtualbox directory gives the same error
Also the VirtualBox Host-Only Ehternet Adapter device has the same status/error.
I have tried everything I can think of for several days:
- Run as admin
- Clear out driver store for any Oracle drivers (using pnputil.exe)
- Delete INFCACHE.1
- Deleted HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\Config
- Set MaxNumFilters to 20 (14 Hex)
- Try to check the driver files signature is okay (using certmgr and signtool but not too sure how to confirm the results I get)
- Disable avast antivirus (this is disabling the service so it does not run at all and not just the disable shields)
- Update all windows updates
- Updated network drivers (LAN:Realtek PCIe GBE and Wifi:Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN)
Many thanks and I looked forward to being able to get VirtualBox running (I miss it and need it)