[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 7.0.12 released

Konstantin Vlasov flint at flint-inc.ru
Thu Oct 19 15:04:29 GMT 2023

Hi, virtualboxers,

And again, some files are missing in the tarball. :-)
When I tried to build, it failed on missing the header file
libs/openssl-3.13/include/internal/e_os.h

I've compared with the trunk, and there are quite a few files missing. However,
I managed to build 7.0.12 by adding only the following ones:

src/libs/openssl-3.1.3/include/crypto/context.h
src/libs/openssl-3.1.3/include/internal/e_os.h
src/libs/openssl-3.1.3/providers/common/include/prov/fipscommon.h
src/libs/openssl-3.1.3/providers/implementations/ciphers/cipher_aes_gcm_hw_vaes_avx512.inc

Not sure if the rest of them are used only by the new trunk codebase, or maybe
they were left just for the sake of completeness. (Or maybe, they are optional
somehow, and can be used when present, and skipped when not, like some ciphers,
for example... I have not investigated that deeply.)

> Hello,

> Today Oracle released VirtualBox 7.0.12, a maintenance release of VirtualBox
> 7.0 which improves stability and fixes regressions.

> See the change log at

>    https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog-7.0

> for a list of changes.

Bye.                                    With best regards,
                                        Konstantin Vlasov.