[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 7.0.0_BETA2

Allan allan2016 at warpspeed.dyndns.dk
Wed Sep 14 01:02:56 GMT 2022

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 19:32:59 +0000
Vadim Galitsin <vadim.galitsyn at oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Today the VirtualBox development team released Oracle VM VirtualBox
> 7.0.0_BETA2, a preview release of VirtualBox 7.0 which introduces new
> features.
>
> Documentation and changelog are still being updated.
>
> Download it from
>
>   https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/7.0.0_BETA2
>
> and let us know if you need some additional Linux packages. May have
> to wait for the next update.

I just tested this on Fedora 36
There must be a conflicts: missing in the spec file, because it would
happily install on top of my 6.1 version - which for sure would be a
bad thing.

Besides that you make Fedora 35 and 36 images.
Fedora 37 is in beta, and to be GA in 1-2 months time - which means
Fedora 35 is EOL in 2-3 months time.
Wouldn't it make more sense to drop Fedora 35 images - and make Fedora
37 instead ?

Besides that - the Beta2 seems to work perfectly.