[vbox-dev] OpenSUSE 15.3 is near End of Life

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Thu Oct 20 20:30:06 GMT 2022

Is there anything stopping you from using the current VirtualBox package
with OpenSUSE 15.4? I thought that with OpenSUSE (and SLES) the 15.x
versions are supposed to be compatible, i.e. that the version is 15, and
the .x is just the update level.

Of course I know that compatibility can't be absolutely perfect with bug
fix packages, but the chance should be very high that VirtualBox works.
If it does it would imply that we're wasting time on creating a new
build setup which doesn't change anything.

The situation should be very similar to RHEL/OL, for which we also just
do one package.

Klaus