[vbox-dev] Please produce a non-hardened build for Windows

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Jan 31 16:58:11 GMT 2022

Hello Alexey,

if you expect to get an Oracle signed non-hardened build: forget it.
This would be the dream of people creating malware.

Working on the hardening issue could be the right way to go. Any place
we can get a log file showing the failure?

Wondering if it's worth the effort, given that Windows 7 is out of
support for 2 years now. Using an OS with known (and even more unknown)
unfixed security issues as the host OS for running VMs doesn't sound
like a good idea to me. No matter what cool hardware you're using with it.

Klaus