[vbox-dev] Problems with USB passthrough in Windows with v 6.1.28

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Fri Nov 5 18:58:09 GMT 2021

Is anyone else having problems with USB passthrough from a Linux machine to a
Windows VM after updating to VB 6.1.28?

The symptoms for a wifi unit are that a network device appears, but is not
functional. An attempt to pass a USB stick shows nothing in Windows Explorer in
the guest. Both operations work fine from a Linux host to a Linux guest. These
operations worked when the host was running 6.1.26. I have not filed a bug
report yet as I wanted to query this list first.

Thanks,

Larry