[vbox-dev] VirtualBox ignoring boot order

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Tue Sep 22 04:00:10 GMT 2020

On 9/21/2020 9:08 PM, Thomas Stephen Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you have EFI enabled, you can boot the cd by going to the grub menu
> entry called "System Setup."
>
> System Setup > Boot Manager > "choose device."

Sure, if I could get grub working. That's something I didn't ask on THIS
list but am trying to figure out. Forgive me for going slightly off
topic, but:

if I use the following commands:

grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/EFI ;
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.conf

then when I reboot I get to the grub SHELL, but no further. So directing
grub isn't going to help if Grub isn't working. And Yes, /boot/EFI is
the efi partition, a small Fat32 partition on /dev/sda1.

--

Dan