[vbox-dev] VirtualBox ignoring boot order

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Mon Sep 21 02:35:42 GMT 2020

I'm wondering about some strange behavior VirtualBox is showing. If you
have both a bootable CD and a Bootable hard drive image selected, the CD
is NEVER booted. The only way to boot from a CD seems to be when the
hard drive does not have boot information. If there IS boot information,
then the Hard Disk is ALWAYS the boot source. I've tried everything I
can think of. I put the CD above the hard disk in the boot order. I even
unselected EVERYTHING EXCEPT the CD drive, and VirtualBox still refuses
to boot from a CD if it's hard disk is bootable.

I'd love some advice here, or is this a bug?

--

Dan Egli